Thursday 13 October 2011

Drake Admits To Being Hurt By Rihanna. Reveals He Would Marry Nicki Minaj "Nicki Would Understand & Love Me"


Two years after his fling with Rihanna fizzled out Drake is still licking his wounds.


The two superstars dated briefly following Riri's break up with then-boyfriend Chris Brown. Rihanna eventually moved on to a more serious relationship with baseball player Matt Kemp, leaving Drizzy out in the cold.


"At the time it hurt, but she didn't mean to," Drake told Elle magazine in their new issue. "I'll never put that on her. I was hurt because I slowly started to realize what it was. I guess I thought it was more. That was the first girl with any fame that paid me any mind. You spend days reading about this person in magazines. All of a sudden you have this number-one song and you're at some birthday party and there she is. And you're just some naive kid from Toronto staying in some sh*tty-ass hotel who got invited to this party on a whim. That's just how it happened."


Rihanna hasn't talked much publicly about dating Drake other than to say it was bad timing.


"It was at a really fragile time in my life, so I just didn't want to get too serious with anything or anyone at that time," the singer told The BoomBox last year.


For now Drake seems to have his eyes set on his Young Money label mate, Nicki Minaj. The two of them pretended to get married via Twitter last year.


"I don't know if we were really pretending. I'd marry Nicki. I think Nicki would be one of the only people that would understand me at the end of all of this and be able to love me."

Shouts to Complex

No comments:

Post a Comment